Wednesday, February 27, 2013

So Long, Mrs. Crowe...

Today in Cincinnati, they say farewell to Mrs. Anne Crowe, nothing less than amazing teacher, and one of the best I experienced in my school years. She passed away last Friday. I was in her 8th grade Civics and Ohio History classes at St. Bartholomew School.

I was like Horshack, the over-eager kid from "Welcome Back, Kotter," looking to participate at every turn. She knew I had a serious interest in current events, government, and history, and she encouraged it. (However, I do remember one day, discussing current events, she asked a question. I put my hand up...and she said, "Does someone OTHER than Bob know the answer?")

Mrs. Crowe was passionate about her work, energetic, and very funny. It was a joy to be in her class every day and I learned a lot. Good preparation for high school, too.

The news is sad...another link to the past who is gone now. My thoughts are with her family and all who knew her. I regret I can't be there for the Mass of Christian Burial today. But I am spending some time remembering her and talking about it with friends.

But I can say...it's not goodbye, Mrs. Crowe. We'll see you later.

No comments: